Who are we?
Mattresschooser.co.uk is a mattress comparison website which aims to make the process of choosing a new mattress easy and hassle free. We search thousands of mattresses from different retailers to provide you with a wide range of products. We analyse the products we receive and draw comparisons with other products that are similar. Our comparison engine also allows you to do a side-by-side comparison of available mattresses.
We also run mattresschooser.com which is a US version of this website. The mattresses we compare differ between regions, for example; Our UK site offer comparisons of Simba, Eve, Bruno, Sleeping Duck and Otty, our US site offer comparisons of Purple, Ghostbed, Helix and Casper.
Side by side mattress comparison
We allow you to compare mattresses by searching through our extensive catalogue of mattresses and then clicking the `add to compare` mattresses button when a mattress that you like has been found.
How are we funded?
As with most websites we require funding to keep providing our comparison services. However unlike some other mattress review and comparison websites we aim to remain impartial and provide you with the facts, rather than opinions. So where do we get our funding from? We have a couple of ways that we make money, these are mentioned below.
We aim to be as open and honest about our platform, retailers and products as possible. While we can't divulge all the details about how our ranking and classification algorithms work we will where possible disclose when a recommendation is for a commercial reason.
Current Commercial advertising
No current commercial advertising.
How do we get our products?
We use affiliate networks to provide us with a list of mattress products from various retailers such as; Amazon, eBay, John Lewis, Dreams, Bensons For Beds, Argos, Littlewoods, very.co.uk, Tempur, Eve, Simba, Brighter Mattress Co, Mattress Man, Mattress Online and many more... Once you use our website or app to choose a mattress you will be redirected to the retailers website. We may receive a commission from the retailer for sending you to their website (normally only applies once a purchase is made).
We also compare products and prices from other websites, that we have no affiliation with, this allows us to offer a balanced view on products.
On occasion we have exclusive discount codes and promotional codes available only through us. Check the promotions and discounts page for our latest deals.
What do the choices under "Which mattress is best for me" mean?
- I have a divan base.
- These mattresses are suitable for use with a divan bed base.
- I have a bed frame.
- These mattresses can be used with a bed frame.
- I have an adjustable bed.
- These mattresses are suitable for adjustable beds. When buying a mattress for an adjustable frame you must buy a suitable product & mattress brand, with areas designed to stretch and compress.
- I have a guest bed.
- These mattresses can be used with a guest bed also known as a trundle bed. They are generally smaller in size. Always be sure to get the correct size for your guest bed frame.
- I want to alter the firmness.
- Some mattresses allow you to alter the firmness of the entire mattress, or of individual sides. This is done using swappable layers.
- I want a mattress that can accomodate different sleeping styles.
- We recommend a zip & link style mattress, which allows 2 different firmness of mattress to be combined.
- I suffer with eczema.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us that they are suitable for eczema sufferers. They tend to be of natural construction and lack harmful chemicals during the construction process.
- I have lower back pain.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us that they are suitable for people suffering lower back pain.
- I have pain in my hips.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us that they are suitable for people with painful hips.
- I have neck pain.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us that they are suitable for people with neck pain.
- I have shoulder pain.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us that they are suitable for people suffering from shoulder pain.
- I have dust mite allergies.
- These mattresses are suitable for people who suffer from dust mite allergies.
- I get too hot.
- These mattresses help to regulate temperature & moisture, while memory foam is a popular material for mattresses, it is a great insulator and can make you feel too hot at night. Manufacturers of memory foam mattresses have invested a lot in technologies to keep you cool. For example; including a cooling gel layer and increasing airflow.
- I want an ethical mattress.
- Want a mattress that is ethically produced? The retailer of these mattresses has told us they are ethical.
- I want an organic / non chemical mattress.
- The retailer of these mattresses use organic materials.
- I want an environmentally friendly mattress.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us they are environmentally friendly.
- I want a decent guarantee (min 5 years).
- These mattresses come with a minimum 5 year guarantee.
- I want to spread the cost of payments.
- The retailer will allow you to spread the cost of payments.
- I want a mattress that is delivered within 48 hours.
- The retailer offers a delivery service within 48 hours. This sometimes costs extra so please check before ordering.
- I need a mattress that is easy to clean.
- The retailer of these mattresses has told us that they are easy to clean.
- I don't want to turn my mattress over.
- This mattress does not need turning.
- I want to try my mattress first.
- It's becoming more popular for mattress brands to offer a trial period so you can be sure about your purchase. These mattresses all offer trials.
- I have just won the lottery - Get me the best mattress.
- We showcase the most expensive & luxurious mattresses.
How can you get in touch?
You can get in touch with us using our email address:or via twitter @mattressChooser